The Ministry of Education on Friday opened the first completed Competency-Based Curriculum classroom in Eastern region in Meru County.
Ministry’s officer in charge of Human Resource Paul Kagira, who was representing Cabinet Secretary George Magoha, opened the classroom at Ruiga Girls High School in Central Imenti Sub-county.
Accompanied by area MP Kirima Nguchine, Mr Kagira inspected ongoing construction of classrooms, with 35 of them at roofing stage.
“Meru County is ahead of other counties. We are very proud of the school management and contractors for the work,” he said.
Kagira said outstanding dues for the contractors were ready at the National Treasury.
Meru County had been allocated 388 CBC classrooms.
He also applauded the Central Imenti National Government-Constituency Development Fund for funding the construction of new classrooms.
Nguchine said the new CBC classrooms and the ones his NG-CDF had funded will improve education standards in the region.
“We are very happy with the efforts being made to put up the infrastructure,” said Nguchine.
Mitei’s Double Victory: TSC Boss Honored as Teachers Demand Permanent Appointment NAIROBI, Kenya — The…
End of an Era: TSC to Scrap CPG in June 2026, Introducing 'Levels 1 to…
TSC Secures Sh8.4 Billion for Teachers' July CBA as Radical CPG Overhaul Formally Unveiled EMBU…
One Board, One Fund: Ministry of Education to Merge Primary and JSS Capitation Next Year…
Explained: The Journey of Your Salary from TSC Payroll Closure to Your Bank Account For…
The Mandarin Edge: TSC Urges Teachers to Study Chinese for Fast-Track Promotion and Employment 𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐘𝐀…